The Imperial Court (formerly known as the Daughters of Isis prior to a name change in the twenty-teens) is the female auxiliary of the AEAONMS, Prince Hall Affiliated. Groups began to pop up around the early 1900’s. The Imperial Court (the national governing body) was founded in Detroit Michigan on March 24, 1910, by representatives from Maryland, Rhode Island, and Washington, DC. The group aims to support the PHA Shrine, provided positive role models for young people, and “practice charity and benevolence, and to inculcate honor and integrity as symbolized in the legend of the Egyptian queen, the goddess Isis.” Specific programs include education and scholarships, volunteer activities, financial donations. From a small beginning of 12 “Courts” the organization now claims more than 200 local bodies, operating in the United States, Canada, Germany, Italy, and Japan.
These two examples better depict the current pieces worn by the group. The first fez comes from Amer Court No. 65, located in Dayton, Ohio. The logo and name are done entirely in embroidery, which is fairly intricate. This is somewhat unusual, as most PHA fezzes that seem to prefer rhinestones over embroidery (although embroidery is often times cheaper.)